This summer i will be living in Zambia. Why? Good question. It's one I'm still trying to answer myself. Sometimes when we are called into a mission or path that the Lord has called us to we have no idea what we are getting ourselves into. However, that's half of the fun and joy in living our lives for Christ! We don't have to have all of the answers. We don't have to be sure of our next step. We just have to be willing to get out of the boat. This summer I'm getting out of the boat! I'm traveling to serve in Zambia, Africa for almost 3 months. I pray that the Lord will break me. I pray that He will transform my life and draw me near to Him, I pray that lives will be changed in Zambia and I pray that my life brings Him honor and glory. I invite you to follow my journey in Zambia this summer. As i grow in my walk with the Lord, face trials and celebrate in the opportunity that the Lord has given me to serve!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Set apart for the King...

It’s a cool, dreary day in the small town of Quincy. What better way to spend the afternoon than curled up with a coffee, my bible and a book? Before I get any further I would like to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your support. Though I may be the one leaving for the trip I am one very small component to the complete body of Christ. There are many parts that make up the body of Christ all working together to accomplish one task- sharing the love of Christ with others and bringing honor and glory to our King. Without your prayers, financial support and encouragement this trip would not be happening. In just a few short days the people of Zambia are going to be told that they have irreplaceable value and are deeply loved by Jesus Christ, our Savior. What better news?

My heart behind this blog is to be real and transparent with those of you following. My heart behind this blog is to show the majesty, power and work of the Lord during my 8 week journey in Africa. I’m a sinner and I continually fall short of God’s glory. Yet somehow my Father forgives me, loves me and constantly encourages me to get back up and continue to run after Him. And best of all, He allows me to be used by Him.

Last night I had a shocking realization that all of my prayers for the Lord to break me and to re-mold me these past few months are about to occur. I’ve been praying that the Lord will radically shake up my world and change me into the woman that He desires for me to become. It’s a scary request and a humbling one. Realizing that I need radical transformation from a comfortable Christian girl into a Christian woman who is set apart living each day out fully for the Kingdom. I want to demand more of myself. I want the world to see that it is not I who live but Christ who lives in me. I can only imagine the overflow of joy and satisfaction in knowing that every moment of every day was lived for Christ. Every word that came from my mouth, every action and every motive of my heart was to please my Father. Wow. I’ve got a lot of work to do! But why would we settle for a standard for any less? I want to live set apart. I want to look drastically different from this world. I want to be broken of myself. I challenge you, when you’re ready to pray for the same. Let’s give up on this mediocre comfortable Christian life and live lives set apart! It doesn’t mean you have to leave the country. But it does mean you have to be willing to pick up your life, and at all costs follow Him.  

Serving passionately for Him,
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Hey crazy!!! it's incredible to read what you are doing, that is so amazing what God has put in front of you and i cant wait to personally hear you tell all the stories! i am praying for you daily and i will pray for poor little Peter as well, that's so sad how malnourished they are there and underprivileged!

    I miss you like crazy, haha i texted you today actually...don't know why, i knew you wouldn't get it for a while, but i will be following your blog (your such a crazy blogger, new nickname-blogger) but you better share all the amazing things God is doing in your life so that i can tell the girls in my study and the sunday night group!

    Im good here, but boy is God testing me...well i feel pathetic saying that when your in Africa, but im sick..again, injured my other foot and problems are piling up with my close and far family, but He is also answering prayer like crazy! my Dad is a new person!! It's such a testimony of God's love to see my mom and dad totally back in love, i know more time is needed but they're defiantly in recovery and i pray it wont halt or regress. Im good, my best girl friend out here, Morgan, is very respectful of my new found love of Christ, i just hope it will open her eyes to the joy the Lord brings us. I need prayer for my health, might be either anemic, have hyperthyroidism, mono (returning) or something else and there is a good chance i have stress fractures in both my feet now, i cant help but be depressed but im praying hardcore to God, and asking for my time of trial to turn into a time of celebration for all He does in my life.

    Everything else is going great pretty much, man am i glad im leading this lady in waiting study, because it is really grounding me in my pursuit of the Lord and helps me tunnel vision on Him, which i DEFIANTLY need right now! but theres a novel for ya, as if you don't have an entire country to help out there ;) but i miss you and love you and brag about you all the time! so great to have a sister in service that is really putting God first! take care, your in the prayers of myself and my family!
    Shelby <333 matt. 21:22 "If you believe you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer" ah maybe this apply's to my life a little more then yours but you never know. PS im praying for your heart- the more breaks there are they greater a restoration God can perform!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KT,
    Not only can I hear the drumbeats of love but the
    visual you've created from the minds eye to the heart, stirs the soul. I am so grateful that you listened to God's persuasive voice, let Him "fill the cup" and now... Thanks, for making the distance tangible.
    Love you,
    Pops

    ReplyDelete